Progressive would like to welcome you to our family of caring professionals to help aid you in choosing the right facility for your child’s orthotic management.
Our Pediatric Orthotic staff is dedicated to obtaining positive outcomes in developmental, supportive, and corrective orthotic care to aid in the successful development of your child with a referral or prescription from your physician or therapist.
- Evaluation and documentation of typical and atypical developmental features of both upper and lower extremities, which can be assisted with bracing to obtain correction of individual limbs.
- Cranial remolding orthosis provided with new and current 2020 digital STARband technology, used to treat positional plagiocephaly and other cranial conditions.
- Support for an individual will aid in motor control, learning, and meeting developmental milestones with the use of DAFOs (Dynamic Ankle Foot Orthoses), AFOs (Ankle foot orthoses), or SMOs (Supramalleolar Orthoses).
- Scoliosis, curvature of the spine, is a condition that with a Physician’s recommendation can be treated with an updated Boston Scoliosis 3D Bracing system.
- Regular communication with parents and guardians allow us to provide optimal continued follow up assessments for patients and reporting to referring physicians, physical therapists and occupational therapist to assure a team approach in reaching positive outcomes.
- Most treatment plans are covered by insurance. We will be glad to verify your coverage and explain your benefits/documentation requirements.
- We know that being a parent isn’t easy. So, we want to provide the best possible care with the least emotional distress, yet the most positive outcome.
Orthomerica Starband Cranial Remolding Helmets
With over a decade of experience treating children with Starband, our pediatric Orthotist is updated on the new 2020 version of FDA approved 3d scanner to make scanning your baby’s head easier, faster and less traumatic with better outcomes than ever before. Starband prides themselves on a “one and done” policy to have efficient and effective treatment in a single device.
Some kids are diagnosed with “hypotonia” and that can be included in many different pathologies and scenerios. Lack of tone in the body just needs a little extra support. Sometimes this support is short term to provide stability to catch up to those developmental milestones, and sometimes these devices are needed a little longer. Each child is so different in their needs. That is why we at Progressive, follow along with developmental growth and advancement in therapies to see how we can continue for even better outcomes.
DAFO’s are Dynamic Ankle Foot Orthoses and there are many styles that your Certified Orthotist and team members including physicians and physical therapist have experience with and deciding the one that will provide the best outcome. These are both prefabricated but mostly custom devices that are made from a casting mold of your child’s legs. It’s a relatively fast and most definitely painless procedure that kids usually find quite fascinating and interactive.